We were chuffed to have been chosen to host a talk on The Power of Product Screenshots in your Help Documentation at the Write the Docs Atlantic conference on September 12. It was a great couple of days learning all things software documentation with the passionate and engaging community that is Write the Docs. Thank you to everyone who took the time to listen to our talk and for all the thoughtful questions throughout.
Q. Does title attribute on images help with SEO? - Rik Goldman
Yes it does. However, up until this moment, ALT text has been and still is more important than title text for both accessibility and SEO. There is real real SEO value up for grabs, at relatively low cost and, depending on the internal search you run, a real ability to increase your SERP quality by applying ALT text and the title attribute to your product screenshots.
Fabrizio: My experience with SEO is that everything that helps users will help SEO.
You can see a summary of the talk and find a link to the recording here.
And you can also find a link to the other great questions from the chat below:
- Recommendations for writing good Alt Text for your screenshots
- When are product screenshots most helpful?
- When to add images in developer-focused documentation?
- Will AI image recognition help with screenshot automation in the future?
- Recommendations for image file formats
- What is the right ratio of images to text?
- Are GIFs better than screenshots with callouts?
- How to automate screenshots that illustrate product capabilities?